Monday, June 1, 2015

Savor by Shauna Niequist


A few years ago I read Shaua Niequist's book, Bread and Wine.  I wasn't familiar with her before reading that book.  I absolutely loved Bread & Wine and still consider it one of the best books I've read in recent years.  I now follow Shauna on social media and was excited to learn that she was working on a new book.  I was thrilled to have the opportunity to get my own copy of Savor.  

When the book first arrived, I was surprised at what a lovely book it was.  The cover is a nice texture with tan and white stripes and navy and maroon text.  The edge of the pages are also navy.  This color scheme is consistent throughout the book.  

Savor is a book of devotions for each day of the year.  Each devotion begins with a Bible verse (or a few of them), a short message by Shauna and then some food for thought, if you will.  What sets this devotional book apart from others is the addition of some of Shauna's favorite recipes.  

I tend to prefer more in depth Bible studies over devotionals.  However, Savor is a great alternative for me when I'm short on time.  I love how Shauna encourages us to savor each day and our daily relationship with God.  I would recommend this book to other ladies - especially those who love food or feel they don't have much time for devotionals.

I review for BookLook Bloggers

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLookBloggers.com®  book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment