Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Summer Vacation 2014 : Chi-Ca-Ca-Go! (Part 2)


Here are some of the other things we did while in Chicago.
We started one day by venturing over to Skydeck Chicago.  We had a CityPass that we expected to be useful in skipping the line, but the crowd was so thin first thing in the morning that the pass was pointless.  This was a fun experience for all of us.
Marlie sat my phone down on the floor of the observation glass and took this cool picture looking straight down.

We grabbed some Chicago dogs from Portillo's for lunch and even though I don't typically eat some of the toppings, everything together was SO good!  
For Father's Day we got my dad a behind the scenes tour of Wrigley and Bryan had the honor of getting to be his sidekick.    



We were able to visit the Art Institute of Chicago one morning.  It was also a Blue Star Museum so our family was able to visit it for free.  I'm sure it was an awesome museum, but it just wasn't a good fit for us with two young children.  There was a nice children's room but that is pretty much where we spent most of our time in the museum.

We took the girls to Millennium Park to see Cloud Gate and play in Crown Fountain.



On our last night in Chicago, my parents were kind enough to offer to watch the girls so Bryan & I could have a date night.  Chinatown was our dinner destination!  We enjoyed dinner at one of the top rated restaurants in Chinatown but I think it was top rated because it was your typical Americanized cuisine.  It was good though so I'm not complaining.



When Marlie found out there was a huge American Girl store in Chicago, she started asking us if she could have a doll.  I was not willing to purchase one, so she got smart and asked my parents next.  She had an awesome trip to American Girl Place with her Nana & Pop and they bought Marlie her first American Girl doll.  
On our last day in Chicago, we visited the planetarium, aquarium and finally got to go to the "beach"!  


Our whole family loved Chicago and I hope we have a chance to go back one day - maybe even kid free!
In my next post, I'll share which hotel we stayed at in Chicago (and highly recommend), what I wish we would have done, and what we did on our way back to Kansas.

You can read Part 1 of our Chicago vacation here : Summer Vacation 2014 : Chi-Ca-Ca-Go! (Part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment