Thursday, January 16, 2014

Nana's Recipe Box: Rocky Road Squares

One of my goals for this year is to make as many recipes as I can (hopefully all of them) from my Nana's recipe box.  I like peanuts by themselves, but not usually as an ingredient in desserts, etc.  I didn't mind them as much in these squares and our neighbors who tried them were asking for more.  I hope you enjoy these just as much as they did!




Rocky Road Squares

1 (12 oz) pkg semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 T margarine or butter
2 c dry roasted peanuts
1 (10 1/2 oz) pkg miniature marshmallows

In top of double boiler, over boiling water, melt morsels with sweetened condensed milk and margarine;  remove from heat.
In large bowl, combine mixture with nuts and marshmallows.  
Spread in wax paper lined 13x9 inch pan.  
Chill 2 hours or until firm.  
Remove from pan, peel off wax paper; cut into squares.  
Cover and store at room temperature. 

2 comments:

  1. These look so good! Can't wait to make them!

    -Brittany
    http://pittsburghglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you do enjoy them!

      Delete