Thursday, January 30, 2014

Emma Is Two!

This weekend Emma turned 2!  We had her birthday party on Saturday afternoon, which I kept referring to as a cookout with a birthday cake.  Since we just had Christmas and she still doesn't know any better, we kept everything low key and asked our friends not to bring gifts.  
Bryan smoked LOTS of pork and I made slaw and macaroni and cheese to go with it.  Emma is obsessed with Blues Clues so that's the kind of cake we had made for her.  


Emma didn't care for us singing Happy Birthday to her.  She just wanted to dig in to her cake!

We gave her the first slice of cake but she had to wait for a few minutes for her fork.  
She didn't try to use her hands.  She just went face first into it!


I love her "funny face".

I was able to get a hand me down Blue stuffed animal to give her as a little gift.  

Balloons!

There is a saying that 'the days are long but the years are short' and I believe that is so true when you're a stay at home mom to small children.  Some days have seemed to last forever yet I can hardly believe that two years have gone by.  Giving birth to Emma was such a wonderful experience for me and she continues to bring joy into our lives every day.  
She is still all about her sister and is having so much fun trying to keep up with her.  
There isn't a day that goes by that we don't watch an episode of "Blue" - thank goodness for DVR!  She has always been a good eater and especially loves fruit, yogurt and cheese.  She constantly climbs up in my lap when I'm eating and wants some of my food.  On the mornings I have oatmeal, I just make a big bowl for the 2 of us to share.    
Emma seems to be taking after Marlie in being very social.  She always waves at people and tells them hello.  
We have trained her well to be a true Bulldog and every time she sees any sport on TV she yells "Go Georgia!" 
She is a little mama and is always taking care of her babies - rocking, changing diapers and putting them to bed.  

We are so thankful for our sweet Emma and look forward to continuing to watch her grow and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment