Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tenacious by Jeremy and Jennifer Williams

When I was given the opportunity to read and review Tenacious, I jumped at the chance.  Jeremy and Jennifer Williams and their 2 children, Josie & Jacob are from my home state of Georgia.  Their story had spread throughout the state and their family was featured on the Extreme Home Makeover television series.  I was very interested in reading their story in their own words.       


Jeremy was a young, up and coming high school football coach who was married to his high school sweetheart, Jennifer.  They had a young daughter, Josie, when they learned that Jennifer was pregnant with their second child.  Jacob was born with Spina Bifida and soon Jeremy would be diagnosed with ALS.  Tenacious is the beautiful story of how the Williams family faced these challenges and used their faith in God to inspire a football team and community.

I am so glad I had the opportunity to read this book.  The sports fan in me loved reading about Jeremy's football coaching experience and the impact he had on the young men in his community.  As a mom, I was moved by Jeremy & Jennifer's experiences as they dealt with a difficult diagnosis for Jacob while ensuring that Josie gets all the love and attention that a little girl needs.    

Tenacious is easy to read yet powerful.  I would recommend it for readers in their teens and older.  You can get your own copy of the book here.  


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com®  book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment