Thursday, May 16, 2013

Running for Children & Chickens

Bryan & I both love participating in races.  We've done 5ks to full marathons and a sprint triathlon.  Not  that she needs to be any more active than she already is, but we are so glad that our love for exercise has had a positive impact on Marlie.  She has been saying for months that she would like to participate in a race and we have promised her that we would find one that she could do.
A friend from church recently offered me entrance into The Global Orphan Project Family 5k.  I haven't had a chance to do a race since we got here so I jumped at the chance.  I was even more excited about the race when I learned that they also had a half mile kids fun run!
After we completed the 5k, the kids took off on their run.  They all received a free medal and Marlie was so proud to have one to go along with the collection that Bryan & I have acquired.
The race was held at English Landing Park in Parkville, Missouri.  Parkville is a super cute little town and once we could finally drag the girls away from the playground, we picked up some goodies at their farmers market.  I would definitely recommend this race to families that are looking for one to do.  It was stroller friendly and in addition to the playground, they had bounce houses for kids.  I think one of my favorite parts of the race was the free Chick-fil-A breakfast for the runners!

M was working SO hard!

The girls were proud of their medals

E had fun running around and playing on the playground

We had a great start to Mother's Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. They are all too cute!! Looks like ya'll had so much fun! Happy Late Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete