Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mothers Day 2013

With the school year coming to a close, things have been BUSY around here!  I usually try to write a quick blog post during nap time, but most days lately I have been needing to get other things done.  I mentioned our race on Mother's Day in a previous post, but wanted to share about the rest of our weekend.
I guess Mother's Day is supposed to be about honoring mom, but to me it's more about celebrating being a mom to my children.  Even though some days as a stay at home mom can be long and tough, I am so thankful that I get to be here with my girls and see how they grow and change everyday.  People often say they wish their kids were still babies, but I don't feel that way at all.  I love each stage my girls are in even more than the one before it.  It all sounds cliche, but my daughters bring me so much joy and I feel beyond blessed to be able to raise them.
In addition to it being Mother's Day weekend, that Friday was also Military Spouse Appreciation Day.  Bryan surprised me with some beautiful Gerber daisies.  I actually couldn't believe he even knew that it was a day to honor military spouses.


After the run on Saturday, Marlie & I had an appointment to get pedicures.  She loved feeling like a big girl and I enjoyed being able to spend a little special time with her.  After our feet were pampered, we walked around in town a little bit and got ice cream.  For dinner we all went to a local sushi restaurant that I've wanted to try since we got here.


Even though Bryan & the girls treated me to a lot of nice things on Mother's Day weekend, the only 2 requests I actually had were to sleep in on Sunday and get a picture with the girls before church.  I'm always the one behind the camera and I feel like I never have a picture taken of the 3 of us.  The picture  almost didn't happen because we started running behind a little bit.  Thankfully, we were able to squeeze in a quick photo!  

On Sunday night Bryan made us one of my favorite dinners -  burgers and Bacon Cheese Fries.  It was a delicious ending to a great weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Your picture turned out so great!!!

    ReplyDelete