Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Liebster Award



My friend, Brittany from His Mrs. Hooah, has "nominated" me the Liebster Award.  After doing a little research, this "award" is actually just a fun way for bloggers with less than 200 followers to spotlight one another.  Here are the rules for the Liebster:

1) Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2) Choose up to eleven new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
3) Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4) Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5) Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
6) No Tag Backs!

Here are the 11 questions that were chosen for me:
1. Do you consider yourself a positive person or a negative person?
I'm definitely a glass half full kind of girl.  Even better if that's a glass of wine!

2. What is your favorite food dish?
This is always such a hard question for me because I LOVE food!  Here are just a few of my favorites -  sushi, a juicy cheeseburger, onion rings, Mongolian Beef and Sesame Chicken from Peking (on Atlanta Hwy) in Athens, Georgia, chocolate chip cookies.

3. Do you enjoy spending time outdoors?
I would much rather be outside than inside.  If it's a nice day, the girls and I are always playing in the yard or playground.  This spring we are trying to spend more time as a family outdoors biking and hiking.

4. Do you have anything you “geek out” over?
I guess maybe you could say yarn and cloth diapers?  My crunchy side gets excited over those!

5. Do you collect anything?
Growing up I collected Holiday Barbies and as a young adult collected shot glasses.  My doll collection is at my parents house and I sold all my shot glasses in a yard sale last year.  The only other thing I would say I collect is pictures since I love to take them and create albums.  It's hard to be a collector of anything though when you're moving around as often as we do.

6. If you could drop everything and go on vacation right now, where would you go?
My big bucket list destination is Australia.  My little sister is going there for study abroad next month and I'm a little jealous about that.  We always try to visit new places so really I would be up for anywhere we haven't been before.

7. Do you prefer warm weather or cold weather?
I am truly a Georgia girl when it comes to cold weather.  I'm weak and can't stand it.  I would rather be hot & sweaty anytime.

8. What is your favorite outfit and why?
Jeans, a t-shirt and my flip flops.  I've always been a bit of a tomboy and I love being comfy and casual.  

9. What is your earliest memory?
The first early ones that come to mind are memories of people passing away.  Sad but true.

10. Who is your favorite person?
I'm a pretty big fan of Jesus.  After that I would say Bryan.  It's impossible to choose your children over your spouse or vice versa.  However, we always tell the girls that we wouldn't have them if it wasn't for  our spouse, so our spouse comes first.

11. What is your favorite trait about your spouse or SO?
One of my favorite traits is that he is a great dad.  I never have to push him to be involved with the girls.    He wants to be there for them.

Now for my 11 random facts:
1.  I dream of owning a bakery one day.  Baking is one of my favorite things to do and I would love the chance to share my love of sweet treats with other people.

2.  I wear custom orthotics because my feet are so severely flat.

3.  I love playing sports and coaching girls basketball.

4.  I have run a marathon.  That has been checked off my bucket list.  I won't do another one.

5.  I have the worst sweet tooth.

6.  I am one of the few people from Georgia that does not like sweet tea.

7.  I graduated in a class of 20.

8.  The longest book I've ever read was Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.

9.  If I could meet one person, it would be Michael Jordan.

10.  I am not crafty or artistic, but I wish I was.

11.  I'm good at grammar and spelling, but I can not do math in my head!


I would like to choose the following blogs for the The Liebster Award:

Tara at The Rowell Family

Mandy at Four Avery Lane

Jenna at Unearthed Roots


Here are your 11 questions to answer:
1.  What is your favorite candy?
2.  Not counting family, what do you feel your greatest accomplishment is so far in life?
3.  What was your favorite memory of 2012?
4.  What's the worst Christmas present you've ever received?
5.  If your house was on fire and your family & pets were safe, what 3 items would you save?
6.  What's your favorite TV show at the moment?
7.  If you could have a dinner party with anyone (alive, dead or fictional) who all would you invite?
8.  What thing would you most like to do to change the world?
9.  What is your favorite website?
10.  If you won $1000 and had to spend it in 1 day, how would you spend it?
11.  What is your favorite quote or Bible verse?



No comments:

Post a Comment