Monday, April 8, 2013

Tatum Sandwiches

Somehow I went almost 30 years of my life missing out on these delicious little sandwiches.  When we were stationed at Fort Campbell, I had them at a MOPS meeting and fell in love!  One of our amazing mentor moms had made them and I immediately went to find her to learn what was in them!  I never got the exact recipe from her, but I did ask my mom if she had ever eaten anything like this.  I was in luck because she did have a recipe and emailed it to me.  I've tried a few different versions, but I think this is my favorite.  
We had a little bit of ham left over from Easter so I knew right away what I was going to do with it!  These little hot ham and cheese sandwiches are a perfect finger food, or they can be paired with a side for a dinner the whole family will love!



Tatum Sandwiches

1 pack Hawaiian rolls
1 package swiss cheese slices
1/2 lb. ham - shaved
1/2 small onion - chopped
1/2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. mustard
1 sticks butter, melted
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Melt margarine - add onion, worcestershire sauce, mustard and poppy seed.  Mix together. Slice rolls in half. Put bottom half back on a large piece of aluminum foil. Spoon mixture on rolls. Add ham. Put cheese on top. Put top rolls back on. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

** This is the way I have modified the recipe.  The original calls for 3 packs of Tatum rolls and double the remaining ingredients.  

No comments:

Post a Comment