Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

This is another recipe that I consider one of my favorites.  I've been making it for almost 8 years and it is always a hit.  Of course it's something that's perfect for kids, but adults love it too!  I recently took it to a ladies' function at church and at the end of the evening, I was being asked for the recipe.



Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Makes 1 cheese ball (about 2 cups or 16 servings)

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
graham crackers

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.  Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

I usually just serve the "dip" in a small bowl.  If you would like a true cheese ball, you can place the cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape it into a ball.  Refrigerate the ball for at least 1 hour.

Serve with graham crackers.

4 comments:

  1. This looks so good!! May have to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is addictive! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. Ohh! I make this dip often...super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! This is definitely one of my go-to sweet treats!

      Delete