Friday, March 1, 2013

A Day in the Life

We are in the process of transitioning Miss E from 2 naps to 1 nap so I'm not quite sure what our days are going to look like yet.  Here is what today (and future days) will probably look like though.

0630: Bryan and I quietly get up and try to sneak downstairs before the girls wake.  Bryan grabs a cup of coffee and his iPhone to read his morning devotion.  I head for the couch with my Bible and Philippians Bible study workbook.  

0700:  M wanders downstairs and Emma starts yelling at us from her crib.  Both girls usually end up snuggling with dad.  I select Marlie's clothes for the day and prepare her lunch.  She & Bryan get ready for school and work.



0750: Bryan & Marlie are out the door for school and work.

0800: I fix myself a cup of hot tea and Emma's breakfast.  

0830 - 1030: Emma & I play, watch Sesame Street, and get dressed.  I attempt to get some chores done around the house, but we're at that stage where she is pulling things out faster than I can put them away!  This is also the time where she finds a bottle of super fine blue glitter, gets it open and dumps it all over the place.  I snapped this after I cleaned up most of the floor!



1030-1130: Once we finally get ourselves together, we are out the door to run errands on post.  On days that I can get childcare, this is also my gym/running time.

1130: Lunchtime for Em

1200: I pick up after Em's lunch and start getting mine ready.  Bryan comes home for a short lunch break.

1230: Em's new naptime

1300: For the next few hours, I eat lunch, watch an episode of whatever I have recorded on the DVR, spend some time online and maybe do a little dinner prep.

1530: Em wakes up and Marlie arrives home from school.  The girls have snacks and if it nice outside, we go play.



1715:  Bryan arrives home from work.  I beg him to play with the girls so I can fix dinner alone! ;)

1800:  We sit down for dinner as a family.  Bryan & I enjoy trying new recipes a lot, but Marlie would be happy with just Taco Tuesday and Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole.  Our "taco" dinner for this week got pushed to tonight so we will be having Sweet Pulled Pork Tacos.

1830: We clean up dinner and I wash dishes.  Bryan & Marlie pick up toys and Emma again follows behind pulling them out!

1900: I will give Emma her bath while Bryan & Marlie relax and watch a little TV together, or Bryan will give Marlie her bath.  

1930: Bryan puts Em to bed and I get to put Marlie to bed.  For the past year, I've missed this time with M because I was breastfeeding Emma at bedtime.  I love being able to read bedtime stories and pray with Marlie again.  This is definitely one of my favorite parts of the day.



2000: Bryan & I will watch a tv show together.  He's not a huge TV watcher and we have very different tastes, but we can agree on Parenthood, Biggest Loser, Duck Dynasty and Inside Combat Rescue (our newest addition).

2130: Bryan and I start getting ready for bed and read for a little while.  I always joke with Bryan that he only reads a few sentences before falling asleep!  I usually read (currently The Book Thief) for about a half hour before I'm done.    

This post is a part of the Show Us Your Life series at Kelly's Korner.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment