Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: Shooter's Bar & BBQ, O'Fallon IL

On our trip to Kansas, we spent one night at Scott Air Force Base right outside St. Louis.  We always check out TripAdvisor to find recommendations for local places to eat.  We decided to check out a sports bar and restaurant in O'Fallon, IL called Shooter's.  I was a little hesitant to take my 11 month old and 5 year old in a "bar" so B had to recon it first to make sure it was family friendly.  He approved, so the 4 of us plus my mom found ourselves a table.

The interior is divided so that the bar area is in one half and the dining area is the other.  It is very spacious which was nice because M was having a hard time sitting still after being in the car most of the day.  We let her stand up by our table and she enjoyed dancing to the music that was being played by the modern jukebox.  Because of how much room there was between the tables, we didn't have to worry about her bothering the people sitting next to us.

Shooter's seems to be known for their deep fried barbeque ribs.  My mom and B both ordered those and I opted for the pork sandwich.  That is always my measuring stick when I try new barbeque.  Because each meal came with two sides, we ended up with 1 order of each side item on the menu.  My sandwich was very good and my green beans(cooked with bacon) were my favorite side out of all the ones we tried.  The ribs were a tad spicy for me and so were many of the other sides.  I will admit that I'm a weakling when it comes to spice though.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Shooter's if you're in the area.  It's a fun and relaxed place to get some good food.  I would like to see some of their menu items lose a little of their spiciness, but if they didn't, I'd be happy with my pork sandwich and green beans!

Photo from the Shooter's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment