Friday, January 25, 2013

Adoption: Meet Stephen & Alison

Years ago the Lord placed in my heart an interest in foster care and adoption.  Over the past few years, I've had the great opportunity to get to know many families who either had adopted or were in the process of adopting.  Although our family has yet to come to a season where we can see how fostering/adoption would fit into our lives, I love being able to support my friends who are adopting.
That brings me to Stephen & Alison!
Stephen and I are friends from high school and his dad was also our church pastor.  (B & I actually thought so highly of Stephen's dad that we asked him to officiate our wedding even though he had moved to a different church and town.)  Stephen & Alison are in the process of adopting from Uganda!  Rather than trying to tell their story myself, you can read it here.
I am so inspired by both Stephen & Alison and how they live their life in such obedience to Christ.  Stephen is currently in seminary and I know that he is going to be an amazing minister.  He has already preached some beautiful sermons that truly spoke to me.  Alison is currently a nanny to twin toddlers so the Lord is definitely equipping her to be a parent!  I actually haven't had the pleasure of meeting her in person yet, but I can say for sure that she is going to be a wonderful mother.



First and foremost, please pray for Stephen and Alison as they go through this adoption process.  Please also pray for the child that will be joining their family.  If you feel led and are able, there are also a number of ways to be a part of their fundraising.  Let's be real - adoption is expensive and they could definitely use our help!

Uganda 1418 is the name of their Facebook page and Etsy store where you can buy ornaments, hair accessories and my personal favorite - wreaths!  Everything is handmade by Alison, her mother and sister.
Uganda 1418 Etsy Store
Uganda 1418 Facebook Page



A friend of Stephen & Alison's is selling her photography prints to help them raise money.  You can check out her work here.  If you see something you like, just email her and let her know you would like your purchase to support their adoption.
http://selahbeauty.tumblr.com/

I'm one of the few people in the world who doesn't like coffee.  B, however, makes up for me by drinking a lot of it!  Make your next coffee purchase from Just Love Coffee Roasters and you can feel good about each cup you drink!  Purchasing through this link is another way to support Stephen & Alison.
https://justlovecoffee.com/about/beneficiary/uganda1418/

2 comments:

  1. thank you. I am Alison's mom. We appreciate your kind words so much, and your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I am so happy to be able to support them! I can't wait until they meet their daughter!! I'm sure as a grandmother, you're chomping at the bit too! :)
      Cristin

      Delete